VGP - A range of cultural and artistic activities are being held across Hanoi to celebrate the 65th anniversary of the capital’s Liberation Day (October 10, 1954-2019)
On October 6, Ha Noi authorities held a meeting with 150 local typical artists, intellectuals and scientists.
* Earlier the same day, at Thang Long Imperial Citadel, the Hanoi People's Committee cooperated with Vietnam Association of Historical Sciences to organise a programme themed "Autumn Memories".
* On Sunday morning, the Ha Noi Construction and Investment Project Management Board commenced the renovation and upgrading of Tan Linh - Yen Bai road, measuring 8.2 km long, connecting Thang Long Boulevard to provincial road No. 414 in Ba Vi district and Son Tay town.
* On October 10, at Thanh Nhan Hospital, the Hanoi Department of Health and the Hanoi Management Board of Investment and Construction Projects for Socio-Cultural Works put into operation three modern operating rooms meeting European standards, as part of an investment project to upgrade Thanh Nhan Hospital, phase 2, with a total investment of VND665 billion.
* On the morning of October 6, at the space in front of Ba Kieu Temple (Hoan Kiem District), the Hanoi Department of Culture and Sports organised the Hanoi Dragon Dance Festival 2019, gathering 15 dragon dance teams from across the city, who brought spectacular performances praising Thang Long - Hanoi cultural tradition.
* On the same day, at the Thang Long Imperial Citadel, the Thang Long - Hanoi Heritage Conservation Centre opened a photo exhibition under the theme "Hanoi in that Autumn," featuring 200 images and documents retelling the history of Hanoi from the National Resistance Day (December 19, 1946) to the Capital Liberation Day (October 10, 1954). The exhibition runs until December 25./.