VGP - The Ha Noi municipal authorities have announced the top ten events in the capital city in 2020 as follows:
1. Successfully organising the Party Congress at all levels and the 17th Congress of the Hanoi Municipal Party Committee’s 2020-2025 term.
Shortly after the congress, the Ha Noi Party Committee has requested the implementation of 10 major work programs and full-course action programs.
2. Effectively implementing the “dual goal” of both preventing the Covid-19 pandemic and developing economy, ensuring social welfare.
The GRDP for the whole year has increased by 3.98%, about 1.4 times higher than the national average. Consumer price index was controlled at 2.67%. State budget revenue is estimated at VND280.5 trillion, exceeding the estimate and up 3.9% compared to 2019.
3. Successfully organising various activities to celebrate major
anniversaries of the country and capital city.
The activities have contributed to enriching the national tradition and arousing people’s interest in the historical and cultural traditions.
4. The National Assembly approved a resolution on piloting a number of specific financial - budget mechanisms and policies for Ha Noi.
The city has implemented the resolution to pilot the urban government model.
The resolution has contributed to helping the capital city mobilise more financial resources for its socio-economic development over the next five years, while creating an effective support and cooperation mechanism among districts in the city.
5. Successfully organising the "Ha Noi 2020 – Investment and Development Cooperation" conference in a special context.
The city licensed 229 projects with total capital commitment of VND405.57 trillion (US$17.6 billion). In addition, 39 memoranda of understanding worth US$28.6 billion were signed between the local government and investors.
6. Ha Noi fulfills agricultural and new rural development (NRD) targets two years ahead of the deadline.
The city posts an agricultural growth at 4.2%, the highest rate for the past nine years. Ha Noi has 630 qualified products under the One Commune, One Product (OCOP) Program.
7. Many transport projects become operational including belt roads, interchanges, and flyovers, contributing to improving the urban framework and reducing traffic congestion.
The city completed the plantation of additional 600,000 trees.
8. Ha Noi’s education and training sector continues to affirm its leading position in quality.
The teaching and training during the pandemic remains uninterrupted thanks to the application of hi-tech teaching aids.
9. Ha Noi promotes natural disaster and pandemic reliefs to other localities nationwide in the spirit “Ha Noi works with and for the sake of the nation”.
This year, right after the first COVID-19 wave was put under control, the city has continuously organised events to promote economic development and tourism, as well as hosted cultural weeks in coordination with localities across the country, contributing a part to promoting regional linkage and development cooperation among localities in the country.
10. Political security and social order and safety are guaranteed.
The local government ensures safety for nearly 2,000 domestic and international political and socio-cultural events in the city during the year, including the 17th municipal Party Congress and the 37th ASEAN Summit.
By Vien Nhu